Saturday 6 July 2013

It's all catching up with us

I am aware that I promised amazing photos of Toledo in all its glory, and I do have some, it's just I fear everyone was a little too tired to fully enjoy it. It was a beautiful medieval town, but all the late night's and early starts had started to catch up with me. After an interesting tour of the city, and the best marzipan I have every eaten, (made by nuns for the past 800 years), a lot of us ended up collapsing in a park and napping for an hour or so. In my defence, it was about 37 degrees, which is far too hot to function. Then we all saw El Greco's "the burial of count orgaz" which was fairly impressive. Fortunately, we were home fairly early.

Over the next few days we had lectures, interspersed by i interesting things. We went to see Picasso's Gurnica, which was very... powerful. We had a walking tour of civil war Madrid with a woman who's grandparents fought in the war on the republican side. I have also developed the most horrendous chests cough, which I am hoping will leave by the time we head to Seville on Monday morning.

Missing you all in little old Perth!
X

Ps. Google the paintings if you don't know what they are. They're amazing.

Pps. I am starting to miss home a little bit, so boring gossip about Perth life's much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment