Thursday 25 July 2013

'Ello England

So sorry I've been neglecting this, I have been so busy and so tired it's insane. Paris was utterly fantastic. Did a big day where we saw the lourve, as well as two other art galleries, and a day where we shopped. A lot. Paris is a beautiful city, but expensive after Madrid, as well as the rather snobby people. Spent an hour or so on the metro on the last day struggling up and down stairs with suitcases. It's an experience.
The train to England was lovely, much more relaxed than a plane journey, which I enjoyed. I have stayed with my nan and grandad, aunt and uncle, and now with my cousin in London.all have been lovely, and as usual, it's been nice to spend some time with them. It's also been a bit more relaxed which is fantastic; and the other day I used a real washing machine. It's like heaven after washing in the bath for 4 weeks. While we've been here we've done Hampton court, Portsmouth historic Dockyard, as well as cute things like riding bikes to the pub on a Sunday afternoon. It's like a twee movie. But better.
Since we've been in London I've seen Greenwich, the Tate modern gallery, British museum and big Ben. Among other things. London is interesting because some bits are fantastic, while other bits are less than desirable. Have met up with both my aunt and Natalie for adventures in London which I'm loving.
I cannot believe this trip is nearly at the end. It feels like a few days ago that Natasha and I were freaking out and getting on a plane in Perth. But so much has happened.
Things I'm looking forward to when I get home: not living out of a suitcase. Having a decent amount of sleep almost every night. Having my own space.
Things I will miss: the history/culture/experiences/people.
I will hopefully post about there'd of my travels soon.
X

1 comment:

  1. aren't you looking forward to seeing me bro?

    ReplyDelete