Wednesday 10 July 2013

Seville, my darling.

So the much anticipated long weekend turned into me in the hotel feeling very sorry for myself, and the occasional wonder onto the scorching streets of Madrid for food and or sights. Although Meg and I found this fantastic little gin bar a couple of metro stops away that does amazing food. Good find.

But then all of a sudden, the weekend was over, and we were checking out of our hotel and climbing onto a coach for a 6 hour bus trip to Seville. Can't say it was particularly exciting, although there were miles and miles of sunflower farms, which were rather nice. Seville is HOT. 42 degrees, and not until late in the day. But it doesn't matter too much, since we have a rooftop pool at our hotel. See view below.

So in Seville we have seen a bull ring (just not an actual fight, since most of us find it mildly repulsive), the alcazar, and the cathedral (which is the largest in the world after st peter's and st Paul's). All very beautiful, with the latter holding the tomb of Christopher Columbus. We also got to see a flamenco show, which was incredible, and very impressive. All round, it's been a good couple of days. This afternoon, I soaked up the sun by the pool. It's a hard life here in Spain.

Anyway, photos will be up asap, and I hope you're all enjoying my rambles.

Miss all my lovely family and friends, and I shall endeavour to post again soon.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment