Monday 15 July 2013

Thank you, Spain.

So after my last blog post, I had a lovely dinner at an old moorish bath house, and ended up in a horse drawn carriage for an hour travelling round to sites of Seville. Moi bein. The next day was a horse2 hour bus drive to Ronda. A small town in the andalucian mountains, Ronda has a huge bridge, that apparently during the civil war people used to throw prisoners off. Once we'd enjoyed that view, it was another 2 hours to granada.

Granada is an amazing city, which was hot, but still had snow on the mountains. The first full day in granada was spent at the alhambra, one of the most beautiful palaces I have ever seen. In granada we also took a 'naff tourist bus' that show us the sites, and enjoyed the view at yet another rooftop pool. The last night saw a sunset over the alhambra, and a group dinner.

Packed for the final bus trip, this time back to Madrid, which took 5 hours. Did a wholelad of washing and found a couple more nice places for dinner.

Today we went to the prado, which is meant to be the best art gallery in the world after the lourve. It was stunning. Obviously, no photos though. Tonight is the final group dinner before we fly to Paris tomorrow, and I am devastated to leave. I'm going all cheesy on you here, so bear with me. This country s vibrant, exciting, stunning, and more than I ever imagined. I can't wait to come back soon. I've also been so lucky to make some amazing friends, and to learn a bit too.thanks o everyone who made this trip great, and I shall post again in Paris!

Miss you all back home,

X

No comments:

Post a Comment